Economy of Gibraltar – Independent Study
The Impact of the Economy of Gibraltar on the Campo de Gibraltar. An independent study commissioned by the Gibraltar Chamber of Commerce.
The objectives of the study:
- to assess Gibraltar’s impact on the Campo.
- Increase awareness and educate.
- Use robust data to analyse the economic flows.
- Gibraltar is a significant creator of wealth in the Campo – adding £420m to the economy in 2007.
- Gibraltar is a significant generator of sustainable jobs – Gibraltar accounts for 1 out of every 6 jobs in the Campo.
- Gibraltar businesses buy significant amounts of goods and services from Spain – £174m.
- The Campo de Gibraltar benefits substantially both directly and indirectly from Gibraltar’s economy
- Gibraltar continues to be an engine of economic growth and wealth creation for the entire region.
Watch full presentation: